- Quik Restraint
- Your Sector
- Our Training
Physical Intervention Programmes
Disengagement and Soft Physical Interventions
The physical intervention programmes build on the learning from our personal safety and conflict resolution training to assist staff with the practical skills to avoid assaults and get away from conflict situations.
These training programmes may not be necessary for every role, however, if your staff are in a position that carries a significant risk of violence being used against them, or where they may have to physically guide or control someone, then these simple ‘real world’ practical skills will assist them to perhaps escape from the situation or, if they have to physically control someone, use the most appropriate and least intrusive form of intervention.
The ultimate aim is to help your staff avoid having to use any form of physical intervention as their use carries risks for everyone involved. However, we recognize that there will always be situations and or working environments where staff will have to use some form of physical intervention for many different reasons.
As with all our other training programmes, through a thorough consultation process we will work with you to identify what level of training is required and what type of physical intervention programme is the most appropriate.
Physical Intervention programmes can include the following:
• Understanding the background to conflict and recognising rising anger and the triggers to conflict
• Managing and resolving conflict to avoid the use of physical interventions
• Understanding and using dynamic threat assessment
• Using non aggressive signals through stance and tactical positioning
• Understanding physical interventions, the legal frame work surrounding their use and the implications and risks involved if they’re applied
• Applying ‘real world’ simple physical intervention skills (the level depends on your needs and requirements)
All of our trainers have years of experience in using the physical intervention skills for real, rather than having learnt them from a book. They know they work as they’ve used them! That ‘real world’ experience proves invaluable when it comes to passing on the skills to your staff, as it provides them with confidence in that what they’re learning works in reality.
For more information on our training programmes or to speak to one of our team please Click Here