The Aviation Quik-Restraint System
The fully patented Aviation Quik-Restraint System has been designed and developed to assist cabin crew, as a last resort, to safely and confidently control and restrain a violent or aggressive passenger in a seat during a flight.
Please play the video to see the Quik-Restraint System being applied in combination with rigid handcuffs. However, the Quik-Restraint System can be used with any preferred wrist restraint.
Full training can be provided and is recommended.
We developed our system with speed and simplicity in mind, as we are very aware that in what would be a very stressful situation for the cabin crew, they need to have something that is simple to use, can be applied quickly and easily, effective in what it needs to achieve and most importantly is as safe as possible for both the cabin crew and other passengers, but also for the person being restrained.
The system has been fully medically and legally assessed and endorsed.
The benefits of using the Quik-Belt Restraint System:
- The Quik-Belt Seat Restraint Device combines just two webbing straps – the belt strap and the arms restraint strap.
- The restraining straps at no time go around the individual’s chest or abdomen, or fully encircle the arms, therefore, there is no risk of interfering with the individuals breathing or circulation in the arms should they struggle or continue to struggle following the restraint.
- The belt strap is simply and easily applied over the back of the airline seat and secured in place
- The arms straps are then applied around the arms to safely restrain and control the person in the seat
- Both straps are secured behind the seat using 3 point release buckles
- In an emergency or when required the individual can be quickly released from the device by simply unclicking the buckle on the arm restraint straps
- If required, for further control the legs can be secured and controlled using the two leg straps
- The straps have a breaking strain of at least 26.5kN (over 2.5 tonnes) and when loaded with 1 Tonne will only stretch between 8 – 10% of its length
- The arm restraint strap securing buckle has a breaking strain of 116kg.
- The Quik-Belt Restraint System is supplied with a Certificate of Conformity.
- The Quik-Restraint System is supplied with a tamper proof re-useable flame retardant bag.