A vital part of personal safety is having an awareness of who or what is going on around you and the environment that you’re in. Our awareness presentations are ideal for organisations who wish to provide staff with training on personal safety issues but the level of risk in their work roles may not require the full depth of training. The training is always highly interactive and a good way of getting staff to think about the importance of their own personal safety both in and outside of work.
Our trainers use their wealth of knowledge and experience to ensure that the content is fully relevant and relatable to your work, as we appreciate that each working environment has unique features that need to be recognized and understood. With all our training we include scenarios that are specific to your environment to help your staff deal with the issues they face in their role.
Topics we can cover include:
- Lone working: What is it and what is the law relating to lone working
- Dynamic risk assessment: Identifying and mitigating risks related to all aspects of work
- Situational awareness: raising awareness of your environment and the people around you
- Home visits: Best practice for staying safe while conducting a home visit
- Travelling safely: Tips for safety on various methods of transport
- Conflict management
- Setting boundaries around aggression
- Understanding the causes of aggression
- Recognising the early warning signs of aggression
- Communication, de-escalation and diffusion techniques
- Post incident support and reporting incidents