The qualification is also supported by Skills for Security, the sector skills council for security sector.
It is ideal for anyone who requires training in conflict management and is appropriate for a wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone who has a customer facing role, dealing with service users or the public. It is also a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and who would like to gain more confidence in being able to deal with conflict situations.
There are a number of benefits for companies in entering their staff for this qualification, one of which is improved customer service levels.
Following the completion of this award the learner will know how to:
- Communicate to solve problems and reduce the potential for conflict
- Identify the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Use good practice after conflict situations
To complete this qualification, learners should expect to undertake a total qualification time of 16-hours, 11-hours of which can be guided learning. The delivery may be adjusted in accordance with learners needs and/or local circumstances.
The qualification is assessed through a 1 hour, 30-question, multiple-choice question examination. Candidates must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30 to pass.